Electrical Certificate

There are four electrical certificates in total mostly in used and in which mains electricity involve. You need to see at first which certificate do you need? Below is the list of electrical certificate and difference in all four of them:

  1. EICR
  2. PAT Testing
  3. Fire Alarm Certificate or Fire Safety Certificate
  4. Emergency Lighting Certificate


EICR means electrical installation condition report, previously it is known as periodic inspection report. It is also known as electrical certificate or electrical safety certificate or landlord electrical certificate. It is required if you are going to rent out your property or selling it out. You need to provide one copy to the tenants, keep one copy with you and provide one copy to the local authority if they ask in written. EICR is valid for 3 to 5 years and is carried out by a qualified person registered either with any of these bodies (NICEIC, NAPIT or ECA). EICR procedure involves testing of fixed electrical installation in the property (fuse box, sockets, lights, earth and gas bonding etc.). Click here to read more

EICR Certificate Cost
View sample eicr

PAT Testing

PAT is the short form of portable appliance testing. All the electrical portable appliances are tested in this check. Upon completion you are provided with a certificate showing the electrical items tested. It should be carried out by a registered and qualified electrician. PAT Testing is valid for a year. Portable electrical appliances (e.g. iron, toaster, oven, kettle, fridge, freezer, washing machine and lamp etc.) are tested in this check. In commercial properties electrical appliances are (photocopier, laptop, computer, fax machine and any kitchen appliances etc.) It is the duty of Landlord to maintain safe environment for employees by getting PAT Testing done on all portable electrical appliances. Click here to read more

View sample pat

Fire Alarm Certificate

All smoke, heat, fire alarms and fire panel are tested in producing fire alarm certificate. Electrician make sure all of the alarms are working properly and none of them is defective. In case of fire or smoke in properly these alarms make a sound in the property to warn the residents to evacuate or to check what is wrong in the premises. Fire alarm certificate is valid for a year and is issued by a qualified electrician. Alarms are run with mains electricity in HMO Properties or in residence occupied with 3 or more than 3 tenants. In properties from studio up to 2 beds normally there are alarms installed working with battery backup. Click here to read more

fire alarm certificate
View sample fire alarm certificate

Emergency Lighting Certificate

All emergency lights are tested in this check and upon completion emergency lighting certificate is issued by a qualified electrician. Emergency lighting certificate is valid for a year. In this check electrician make sure emergency lights are installed at right places in property and work properly if electricity is shut down or cut off due to fire or any other reason. Emergency lights help residents if the property is dark due to some reason which may be (fire, cut of electricity or any other reason). Click here to read more

Emergency Lighiting Certificate
View sample emergency lighting certificate

We have partnered with qualified and insured engineers who are registered with NICEIC, NAPIT, Part P, City & Guilds and Gas Safe Register.


Our combined inspections save your Time & Money. Click below button to view discounted prices