What is a gas safety certificate? All properties with gas appliances must be regularly checked by an authorized Gas Safe technician. The engineer will certify the property after performing some checks / inspections. If the engineer is satisfied with the condition of the property, he will provide a certificate that appears.
Is Gas Safety Certificate a legal requirement?
According to the law, it is a legal requirement that the registered gas safety engineer performs the inspection annually. See our legislation page for more information.
Which devices are covered by this check?
All appliances that run on gas fall under this regulation, mainly boilers, fireplaces, plates, gas ovens, fireplaces and gas fireplaces. The lessor must complete this verification even if the gas appliances are owned by the tenants.
What is included in security checks?
This security check includes:
- Visual gas meter and leak check,
- The gas line has been tested for leaks
- Check the working pressure of the device
- Chimney check or connected chimney
- Device performance check (boiler performance check ig for heat and hot water check)
- Analysis of fire plate / stove
- The device is correctly installed and connected to the gas pipes.
- The room has sufficient air supply: the gas needs air to burn well and cleanly
- All safety devices work according to the production guidelines of household appliances.
- If you smell gas or suspect a leak
If you think there is a gas leak in your house or if you can smell gas somewhere outside, leave the house or the surrounding area and call the National Gas Emergency Service immediately on 0800 111 999.
Click here for more information about Gas Safety Certificate